The Salon Manager reports directly to the Dessange Director. She oversees cosmetology-related services and ensures that the salon is clean, organized and well-staffed. Also performs services such as cutting, coloring and styling hair.
Provides financial reports for the Salon such as revenue and budget needs. Prepares reports on staffing changes, guests’ satisfaction, inventory issues and salon upkeep.
Specific Job Responsibilities are, but not limited to, the following
- Establishes standard operating policies and procedures for all aspects of the Salon’s operations.
- Demonstrates and reinforces excellent guest service to promote a positive customer orientation in the salon and ensure efficient and quality services.
- Recruits, selects, trains/develops and evaluates Salon staff to assure that the staffing levels meet the Salon’s needs.
- Attends trade fairs as needed, researches innovative products, new hair style trends.
- Stays aware and ahead of trends – trains staff as needed.
- Networks amongst the ladies of Bahrain to market Salon and expand client base.
- Ensures guests premium service in all areas – handles any guests’ complaints as necessary.
- Informs Dessange Director of any defective equipment, soft and hard furnishings.
- Ensures speedy solution to problems and monitors repair/replacement of items as required.
- Manages and monitors all areas of the Salon’s operations to ensure compliance with Great Clips’ systems, operating procedures and policies.
- Manages expenses against budget and maintains continual awareness of expense/loss control to ensure effective management of expenses.
- Provides excellent guest service.
- Ensures the Salon staff is well trained on all technical aspects of hairdressing to promote quality permanents/coloring hairstyles.
- Ensures guests are happy and the Salon retains their business and remains known as a quality hair care provider.
- Recommends/suggests product purchases to guests to maximize product sales and to ensure they are using the right product for their hair type/style. Trains staff on this aspect of their role.
- Maintains equipment and reinforces salon cleanliness and appearance to ensure a positive guests’ perception.
- Performs other projects, work and activities as assigned to ensure continuous service to customers.
- Ensures she and her team work hard to ensure budgets and sales targets are met and exceeded, wherever possible.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Dessange Director.